The Insane Cashier: My Own Store

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Own Store

You know, sometimes I really wish I could run my own independent store.  Perhaps I will someday.  If I do, I will run it by these basic rules, which will also go up on a sign on the doors:

What We Expect of our Employees:
1. Show up on time, well-dressed and well-groomed.
2. Cellphones and other electronic devices off.
3. Provide exemplary customer service
4. Be curteous to our customers.
Violation of these simple rules will be grounds for termination of employment.


What We Expect Of Our Customers:
1. Be courteous to our employees.  Employees have the right to ignore extremely rude customers.
2. Refrain from texting or talking on your phone when checking out.  The decision as to whether or not to check out a customer who is texting or talking on their cell phone is the sole discretion of the employee.
3. If there's a line, be curteous and have your form of payment out when you get to the checkout counter.
4. If you have children, control them.  Don't let them make a mess of the store.
5. We are not a bank.  We will not accept bills that are more than twenty dollars larger than your total.  We will not accept all change for orders more than four dollars.
Failure to follow these simple rules may result in your removal from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment