The Insane Cashier: It's been a while

Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's been a while

Man, it's been a while.  And have I got stories for you.  I've just been too busy lately to update the blog.  An update on Bob: He's been fired.  Well, not fired.  He left, saying he got another job, "an offer he couldn't refuse".  We all doubt that story though, and figure he realized he was about to be fired.

A couple weeks ago we had a customer come in looking for various balloons.  I looked and saw that we didn't have some of the ones she wanted.  She then asked if she could just take the ones taped on the wall for display only.  I told her we couldn't do that.  She then asked to speak to the manager on duty, who was one of the AMs.  He comes up and tells her the exact thing we just did: We can't sell the balloons on display.  To which this old bag replies "It's not that you can't, is that you're not willing to do what makes the customer happy."

Cue rage mode.  From me.  Umm, no lady, you're wrong.  It would be much easier for us to give you the ones on display just to get your sorry ass of a human out our door.  How dare you be so presumptuous as to assume that we're just being lazy.  We have things called rules and policies we have to follow, and we're not about to lose our jobs over it.

On another note, how hard is it to figure out which register is open?  When did this stop being common sense? You go to the one where the light is ON!  If I am at my register and the light is off and someone else is standing at a register where the light is on, do not come to my register.  I am not open.  I'm probably clocking in or ending my shift or clocking out for my break.  Coming to my register when my light is off will not get you anywhere; it's just going to piss me off.  If there's only one register with a light on, as is usually the case, go to that one!  Don't stand there like a buffoon trying to figure out which register is open.  You know, this really wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that 99 percent of our customers are too stupid to figure out on their own which register is open.

Oh, and don't ask me if I can call another register to be open when the line gets a little long.  If I could, I would.    
Period.  But sometimes I can't for various reasons.  Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment